Frequently Asked Question
To get your MacBook hooked up to a printer:
- Open and sign in to your Mac.
- Look in the menu bar at the top of the screen for the PaperCut printer logo. Click that icon and View My Printers
- If you don't have this logo, please enter a ticket at https://tickets.alcornschools.org/open.php
- Sign into PaperCut using your district username and password
- Once Logged In, your Global Copier will begin to install. The printer that installs is based on your school location.
- If your location's Global Copier is not showing, please enter a ticket at the link above.
- You should see that the printer is installed on the right column
- Attempt to print. You will be presented with a bouncing printer icon on the dock.
5. Usually this occurs the first time trying to print to a new copier. The printer icon on your dock will be bouncing up and down trying to get your attention and then you will be presented with the screens below.
If you receive the Hold for Authentication error message when trying to print to the ASD Copiers on a Mac, please follow the steps below to resolve:
1. First press the 'Retry' button that is located to the right of the error
2. When it prompts you to enter a username and password, please enter your District Username and Password AND for your own sanity, please press “Remember this password in my keychain”
After this your print job should be sent to the printer you printed to.
Once you get to the printer, put in your code and your print job should just need to be “Released” to print.